- Movie: Fullmetal Alchemist
- Romaji: Hagane no Renkinjutsushi
- Japanese: 鋼の錬金術師
- Director: Fumihiko Sori
- Writer: Hiromu Arakawa (manga), Fumihiko Sori, Takeshi Miyamoto
- Producer: Yumiko Yoshihara
- Cinematographer: Keiji Hashimoto
- Release Date: December 1, 2017
- Runtime: 133 min.
- Genre: Action / Fantasy / Adventure / Based on a Comic
- Distributor: Warner Bros.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
When they were little, Edward Elric (Ryosuke Yamada) and younger brother Alphonse’s mother passed away. The brothers attempt to revive their mother and perform a human transmutation which is taboo in alchemy. Their attempt fails. As a result, Edward loses part of his body and Alphonse loses his whole body. Edward sacrifices another part of his body to affix Alphonse’s soul to a body of armor. Edward goes on to become an Alchemist. He sets out on a journey to find the “Philosopher’s stone,” which has the power to get back what they lost.
- Based on manga series “Hagane no Renkinjutsushi” by Hiromu Arakawa (published from August, 2001 to July, 2010 in monthly magazine Gekkan Shonen Gangan).
- Filming began June, 2016 in Italy and finished August 26, 2016. Filming took place in Italy for about a month and then in various locations around Japan.
|Ryosuke Yamada||Atomu Mizuishi||Tsubasa Honda||Dean Fujioka||Misako Renbutsu|
|Edward Elric||Alphonse Elric (voice)||Winry Rockbell||Roy Mustang||Riza Hokuai|
|Ryuta Sato||Fumiyo Kohinata||Yo Oizumi||Natsuna Watanabe||Natsuki Harada|
|Maes Hughes||General Haruko||Sho Takka||Maria Ross||Glacier Hughes|
|Yasuko Matsuyuki||Kanata Hongo||Shinji Uchiyama||Jun Kunimura||Kenjiro Ishimaru|