- Drama: What Did You Eat Yesterday? (literal title)
- Romaji: Kinou Nani Tabeta
- Japanese: きのう何食べた？
- Director: Kazuhito Nakae, Katsumi Nojiri, Kenji Katagiri
- Writer: Fumi Yoshinaga (manga), Naoko Adachi
- Network: TV Tokyo
- Release Date: April 5, 2019 —
- Runtime: Fridays 24:12
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Shiro Kakei’s regular routine is that after work he buys groceries at a mart which has discounted prices. He has a monthly budget of 25,000 yen ($225) for food that he does not go over. Afterwards, he goes home and makes dinner which usually includes rice, soup and three side dishes. When dinner is about ready, Kenji Yabuki comes home from work. While they eat, the two men talk about pretty much everything. Their time during dinner is a precious time for them.
One day, when Shiro Kakei and Kenji Yabuki are out in public, Kenji Yabuki’s customer comes up to them and asks “Is he your boyfriend who is a lawyer?” Shiro Kakei is embarrassed. He did not tell people at his law firm that he is gay, unlike Kenji Yabuki who is open about his sexual orientation. Shiro Kakei feels uncomfortable.
- Based on manga series “Kinou Nani Tabeta?” by Fumi Yoshinaga (first published November 22, 2007 in magazine Weekly Morning).
|Hidetoshi Nishijima||Seiyo Uchino||Misako Tanaka||Makita Sports||Atsuko Takaizumi|
|Shiro Kakei||Kenji Yabuki||Kayoko Tominaga||Yu Miyake||Mie Uemachi|
|Toshihiro Yashiba||Chan Kawai||Marin||Yurika Nakamura||Kotaro Shiga|
|Tominaga||Osamu Uemachi||Michiru Tominaga||Shino Koyama||Goro Kakei|