- Drama: Mampuku
- Romaji: Manpuku
- Japanese: まんぷく
- Director: Yoshio Watanabe, Mojiri Adachi
- Writer: Yasushi Fukuda
- Network: NHK
- Episodes: 151
- Release Date: October 1, 2018 – March 30, 2019
- Runtime: Monday – Saturday 8:00-8:15 (15 min.)
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Set in Osaka before the war.
Fukuko (Sakura Ando) has a mother and two older sisters. She and her family are poor, but she is loved by her family. Her oldest sister becomes sick and dies. Her second sister gets married and leaves their home. Fukuko decides to encourage herself.
A few incidents leads to Fukuko meeting young businessman Manpei (Hiroki Hasegawa). They fall in love and eventually marry. Manpei’s business goes through a cycle of success and failures. Fukuko at first only tolerates Manpei’s ideas, but she gains strength and supports him in his unique business ventures. Finally, the couple develop instant ramen.
- “Manpuku” is NHK’s 99th asadora.
- Based on the true story of Momofuku Ando and Masako Ando. Momofuku Ando founded Nissin Food Products which introduced the first instant ramen noodles Chikin Ramen and later Cup Noodles.
|Sakura Ando||Keiko Matsuzaka||Yuki Uchida||Ryohei Otani||Nao Matsushita|
|Fukuko Imai||Suzu Imai||Saki Imai||Shinichi Onozuka||Katsuko Koda|
|Jun Kaname||Yukino Kishii||Hiroki Hasegawa||Kenta Kiritani||Koji Seto|
|Tadahiko Koda||Taka Koda||Manpei Tachibana||Katsuo Sera||Shigeru Kanbe|
|Akiyoshi Nakao||Ainosuke Kataoka||Isao Hashizume||Manami Hashimoto||Senjiro Fujiyama|
|Kosuke Oka||Keisuke Kajitani||Ryozo Mitamura||Megumi Hoshina||Kokichi Noro|
|Narumi||Kantarou Soganoya||Kenta Hamano||Rena Matsui||Kumi Kureshiro|
|Utae Kashida||Saburo Omaeda||Zennosuke Maki||Toshiko Kano||Hana Ikegami|
Rar pass: bagikuy