- Movie: The Journalist (English title) / Newspaper Reporter (literal title)
- Romaji: Shinbun Kisha
- Japanese: 新聞記者
- Director: Michihito Fujii
- Writer: Isoko Mochizuki (nonfiction book)
- Producer: Mitsunobu Kawamura
- Cinematographer: Keisuke Imamura
- Release Date: June 28, 2019
- Runtime: 113 min.
- Distributor: Star Sands, Aeon Entertainment
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Erika Yoshioka (Shim Eun-Kyung) is a reporter for the Toto Newspaper. She was born to a Japanese father and Korean mother and grew up in the United States. One day, Erika Yoshioka receives an anonymous fax. The fax contains highly confidential information related to the building plan for a new university. To reveal the truth, Erika Yoshioka investigates.
Meanwhile, Takumi Sugihara (Tori Matsuzaka) is a bureaucrat in the Cabinet Intelligence and Research Office. He believes that he should be work for the people, but his job is to control the media and prevent unfavorable coverage of the government. Takumi Sugihara meets his ex-boss whom he respects. A couple days later, his ex-boss jumps off a rooftop building and dies. Takumi Sugihara faces a difficult choice to make.
When Erika Yoshioka and Takumi Sugihara connect with each other, a shocking truth is revealed.
- Movie is based on Reporter Isoko Mochizuki’s book “Shinbun Kisha” which was published October 12, 2017 by Kadokawa Shoten.
- Shim Eun-Kyung – Reporter Erika Yoshioka
- Tori Matsuzaka – Bureaucrat Takumi Sugihara
- Tsubasa Honda – Natsumi Sugihara
- Amane Okayama – Daisuke Kuramochi
- Tomohiro Kaku – Mamoru Sekido
- Seiya Osada – Makoto Kawai
- Hina Miyano – Chika Kansaki
- Tsutomu Takahashi – Ryoichi Tsuzuki
- Naomi Nishida – Nobuko Kansaki
- Kazuya Takahashi – Toshinao Kansaki
- Yukiya Kitamura – Kazumasa Jinno
- Tetsushi Tanaka – Tomoya Tada