- Movie: True Mothers
- Romaji: Asa ga Kuru
- Japanese: 朝が来る
- Director: Naomi Kawase
- Writer: Mizuki Tsujimura (novel), Naomi Kawase, Izumi Takahashi
- Producer: Yumiko Takebe
- Cinematographer: Yuta Tsukinaga, Naoki Sakakibara
- Release Date: October 23, 2020
- Runtime: 139 min.
- Distributor: Kino Films
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Kiyokazu Kurihara (Arata Iura) and Satoko (Hiromi Nagasaku) are a married couple. They do not have children. They learn about plenary adoption and adopt a baby son. 6 years later, the couple live happily with their son Asato. They receive a phone call from a woman, who introduces herself as Hikari Katakura (Aju Makita). She is Asato’s birth mother. She tells them she wants her son back, but, if she can’t, she wants money.
Kiyokazu and Satoko met Hikari one time in the past. At that time, Hikari was 14 years old. She was a nice girl, who gave them a letter for baby Asato. But when Kiyokazu and Satoko meet Hikari again, there is no image of Hikari as a nice girl anymore. Who is she? What is her purpose?
- Based on novel “Asa ga Kuru” by Mizuki Tsujimura (published June 15, 2015 by Bungeishunju).
- “True Mothers” was selected for the 2020 Cannes Film Festival. The festival did not open to the public due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
- 4 still images for movie “True Mothers.”
- Related titles:
- Comes Morning (Fuji TV-Tokai TV / 2016)
- True Mothers | Asa ga Kuru (2020)
|Hiromi Nagasaku||Arata Iura||Aju Makita||Miyoko Asada||Reo Sato|
|Satoko Kurihara||Kiyokazu Kurihara||Hikari Katakura||Shizue Asami||Asato Kurihara|
|Taketo Tanaka||Hiroko Nakajima||Tetsu Hirahara||Ren Komai||Go Riju|
|Takumi Aso||Takako Katakura||Masaru Katakura||Misaki Katakura||Takeshi Hamano|